Web Development Tutorials and Resources for Web Developers
from Beginners to Professionals
Basic HTML Tags Tutorial
Basic HTML Tags
The 2 most basic and important HTML tags are the <html> and <body> tags followed by the <head> and <title> tags.
The HTML tags in a bare-bones HTML page will like this:
<title>Free-HTML-Code-Tutorial.com Code Example</title>
The content within the openning and closing <body> tags will appear on the web page.
Click on HTML Code Example to see the web page the above HTML code produces.
- The HTML file begins with the openning <html> tag and ends with the closing </html> tag.
- The HTML file has a <head> and a <body> section.
- The content within the openning and closing <body> tags is what is displayed on the web page.
- The openning and closing <title> tags are within the openning and closing <head> tags. This is called nesting. Some tags can be nested within other tags, some can not.
- The text within the <title> tags is displayed in the title bar, which is located at the very top of web page.